Are Coupons Right For Your Business?
Like other types of promotions, coupons can be very effective, but there are some things to consider before drawing the dotted line around a special offer.
As a promotional tool, coupons offer heaps of great advantages:
Action: Rebates and expiration dates consumers a sense of urgency and incentive to spend money with your business.
Quantification: The coupons are a good way to know how many people follow through a particular offer. To ensure this, be careful of not only the coupon, but other promotions simultaneously. A campaign can not be measured accurately if the coupon is not collected, so that staff must be able to move forward. With Voupons though: You can check all your stats and monitor the campagn along the way.
Evidence: Other ways to use coupons is to test the effectiveness of creative features including special offers, news and copy. Segment of the total list and send a coupon for group A and a different coupon for group B. Be sure to change a single item or it will be almost impossible to prove that the change that made the difference.
Pass the time: If someone receives a coupon that can not be used or not interested, it’s easy to pass it on to others who might use it. OR TEXT IT ?
Some companies are turned off by the idea of using coupons, because of the following negative real and perceived.
Image: Like all marketing decisions you make, offering coupons affects their business image. If non traditional coupon industry, which through its strategy of care and have a good reason to go against the norm. Consider offering a special offer in a more elegant and sophisticated like a Voupons. This is new, innovative and modern.
Determine Your Goals
Generating traffic: If you have confidence in your product or service, coupons can be a great fit. A tempting offer to bring people in, and if they like what they see, to win new customers and positive word of mouth. Again, the method of design and delivery should be a good fit for your industry and customer base.
Rewarding loyalty: all too often, companies focus on getting new customers and forget to thank current customers. It is more expensive to acquire a new customer than keep an old one, so consider special coupons for their loyal customers, through a club e-mail, for example.
Segments of the structure: Coupons are a great way to draw attention to a product or increase your business area. A restaurant can use coupons to attract customers on slow days, and a beauty salon can use coupons to build a customer base for a new stylist.
Increase efficiency: Once you have decided to give vouchers a try, follow these tips to make your campaign work as hard as possible.
Design details: Be sure to include the following and keep your ad as orderly as possible.
- A concise title
- An appropriate image
- Other relevant information such as address, telephone number, store hours, website, etc.
- Do not confuse advertising or coupon with unnecessary information or too much detail.
Term: The expiration date encourages recipients to use the coupon sooner rather than later.
Simple math: Make it painless for people to use their coupon with an offer without complications is easy to calculate. $ 10 is better than the 15% discount. If a discount rate is the best choice (maybe the offer includes a wide variety of products), then use a round number like 20%.
No games: You might not want to spend much time in the calculation of 15% off, but let’s face it, your customers are not stupid. They will not fall into tricks like increasing the price for the length of the sale and the discount back to its original price. Another says no-no is what I eat “is only available for the first 100 people” and “prices will not be so low again,” if not true. Such tactics are effective and damage its commercial reputation in the long term.
High value: Give the value perceived by customers at the lowest cost to you. For example, a glass of house wine usually costs less than a dollar a restaurant owner, but has a customer value of $ 5 or more. Therefore it may be a better option of $ 5 off a meal. If you are not willing to offer something of value to their customers, not try to use a coupon, as a weak offer as a free soda with purchase of $ 30 or more, usually backfires.
Legal notice to consider: Add this to it if the coupon is applied (not just the announcement because some people break the coupon and only bring that), so there is no confusion when customers accept their offer. or Due Date:theme or purchased must be of equal or greater than the product free or discounted
- Only one discount / coupon per person per game
- Original or coupon is necessary to obtain the offer or discount
- Or coupon is only good on certain days or hours (ie, Sunday through Thursday only for lunch menu only)
- Or coupon is only good on certain items (ie glass, free of house wine versus wine glass)
Delivery options: Whichever method you choose to get your coupon in front of someone, to build on the measurement campaign through the redemption codes.
- Direct mail or a solo mailing (postal)
- Email or to your opt-in list, preferably through a well-designed newsletter or explosion-mail using services like MailChimp
- Store promotion
- Newspaper or magazine ad.
- Radio or television or mention code (technically, there is a coupon, but can work in some of the same and it is good practice for the measurability of the campaign)
- BEST OF ALL IS VOUPONS VIA SMS!
Redemption Fee Facts and Fantasy:
Does your promotional campaign succeed? What kind of response do you expect?
- The most critical factor is your list. Make sure you are targeting the right audience. If you are sending to current customers can expect higher response rates if sending a prospect list or a list of broad-based.
- The offer is also important and again, should be well-suited to their industry and the public. Think about what might encourage behaviour change and try a new business or product, and then do something of this scale. redemption fees also depend on what you are asking people to do (simply subscribe to an e-mail club compared to make a purchase), and the number of restrictions put on them.
- The design is important, as they have to wear many hats: to reflect your brand, attract immediate attention and stand out from all other marketing messages every day people.
Do not forget or repeat. It may take 10-70 impressions before someone is willing to take action, so that searches a promotional campaign and expecting big numbers alone is unrealistic.
Or instead of looking for a magic number or industry average, assign a specific goal for your campaign and compare new campaigns against previous campaigns. Continue to test, analyze and refine the promotional items to improve redemption rates.
Add coupons to your marketing mix can be successful if done carefully, and not as an instinctive response to a slow month. As with any customer acquisition and retention efforts, know your audience, purpose and how to measure effectiveness. With these data at any time, even a low response rate will give valuable information about future marketing strategies.
+Voupons combines the most effective marketing methods, Daily deals, email, Google and SMS.